Bachelor Program International Relations - Global Studies (Study in English)
NEW Program in English
The program of specialty Global Studies in International Relations is unique in Poland and one of only few such a programs in Europe. It is directed to all foreign and Polish candidates who would like to understand the mechanisms of globalization, the dependences between the local and global events and phenomenons.
Duration: 3 years (6 semesters)
Level I: Bachelor
Form of studies: Full-time, payable
Venue: Institute of International Relations, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Wrocław
The main assumption of global studies is to concentrate on the globalization as a main research and teaching subject. It does not analyse globalization form the point of view of the national state. Instead global studies put globalization in the centre and study it as a complex and autonomous process which imposes the specified and similar conditions to all national and international actors. Global Studies are hardly defined by the assumptions and methods of any of contemporary sciences. Instead they have a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary character, as they join diverse theoretical approaches of economy, international relations, political sciences, anthropology, sociology, area studies, cultural and ethnic studies, but also some elements natural sciences such as the earth and life sciences or physics.
Undergraduate entry requirements for candidates from the European Union (EU) and candidates from non - European Union (non - EU) countries are:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education;
- Confirmation of English language competence on the level B2 or equivalent (FCE, TOEFL-550, IELTS 5,5 – 6,0, BEC Vantage or other equivalent international certificates).
Candidates whose English language is the native language or was the language of instruction at previous stages of education, they have no obligation to provide the test results.
- Positive formal assessment of applications through the department coordinator. All the applications are evaluated by the Recruitment Commission for the Bachelor Program International Relations- Global Studies.
Details of the program
- The program of Bachelor Studies contains at least 2000 teaching hours, which is equivalent to 180 ETCS credits.
- To finish the study students are obliged to write Bachelor thesis under the supervision of one of the institutes’s professors and defend it or pass Bachelor exam.
- The program of studies consists of the obligatory courses (general and related to the area of study), specialty courses and optional courses, which students choose according to their own interests.
- Students choose their optional courses before the start of each semester.
- Other obligatory elements of the program are:
- Polish language,
- other foreign language,
- student internship,
- physical education in the University’s Sport Centre.
- Students have the possibility to participate in the programs of international student exchange and use all the other offers and propositions directed to the student of the University of Wrocław.
Institute of International Studies / University of Wrocław
ul. Koszarowa 3/21, 51-149 Wrocław / Poland
Coordinator: Dr. Marcin Koczan - firstname.lastname@example.org